Marco Sealey PhD
Co-Founder | Head of Discovery & Research
- Senior postdoc at the Konrat group, Department for Structural and Computational Biology, Max Perutz Laboratories, Vienna – Austria (2015 - 2019). Topic of research: drug discovery and mode of action (MoA) of small molecules and in-vitro-Cell NMR spectroscopy (ex-cell NMR).
- Postdoctoral researcher at the Warren group, Max Perutz Laboratories, Vienna – Austria (2008-2014). Topic: the secretory pathway and cytoskeleton of trypanosomes.
- Visiting scientist, Department of Pathology, Cambridge University - UK (2007). Studies on endocytosis in trypanosomes as a drug target.
- Primary research interests: molecular cell biology, biochemistry, drug discovery, drug targets and mode of action, molecular parasitology, membrane trafficking and the cytoskeleton.
- Peer-reviewed publications on drug discovery in trypanosomes, trypanosome endoplasmic reticulum exit sites, cytoskeleton, cell biology and NMR spectroscopy, and inventor on CALYXHA related patent families.
- Education: Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Institute of Parasitology and Biomedicine Lopez Neyra, University of Granada – Spain (2007 ). Topic: Genetic validation of the sterol biosynthetic pathway in trypanosomes as a potential drug target.